- Gatefold packaging
For nearly 60 years, the words of Johnny Cash have reached across cultural, spiritual and ideological borders. He was not only a singer of great songs, but a teller of universal hard truths about justice, faith and independence. It is in this spirit the new album, JOHNNY CASH: FOREVER WORDS, was created.
When Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash passed, they left behind what their son and JOHNNY CASH: FOREVER WORDS producer, John Carter Cash, describes as a “monstrous amassment of ‘things’” which included his father’s handwritten letters, poems and documents, ranging through the entirety of his life.
Over the past two years, a stellar cast of contemporary artists were invited by John Carter Cash to create new music to accompany these newly discovered Cash writings. These artists have adapted his words honestly and uniquely as they see fit, further showcasing the diversity and universality of Johnny Cash as a writer and storyteller.
- Kris Kristofferson & Willie Nelson:Forever/I Still Miss Someone
- Ruston Kelly and Kacey Musgraves : To June This Morning
- Brad Paisley: Gold All Over the Ground
- Chris Cornell: You Never Knew My Mind
- Alison Krauss and Union Station : The Captain's Daughter
- T Bone Burnett: Jellico Coal Man
- Rosanne Cash: The Walking Wounded
- John Mellencamp: Them Double Blues
- Jewel : Body on Body
- Elvis Costello: I'll Still Love You
- Carlene Carter: June's Sundown
- Dailey & Vincent: He Bore It All
- I'm with Her: Chinky Pin Hill
- Robert Glasper Feat. Ro James, and Anu Sun: Goin', Goin', GoneThe
- Jayhawks: What Would I Dreamer Do?
- Jamey Johnson: Spirit Rider