- BTRC "Best Singer/Songwriter Albums of 2017"
- On 21 End of Year Lists 2017
- #8 The A.V. Club's "20 Best Albums of 2017"
- #13 American Songwriter's "Top 25 Albums of 2017"
- #32 UPROXX "Top 50 2017"
- #47 PASTE's "The 50 Best Albums of 2017"
Julien Baker's solo debut, Sprained Ankle, was one of the most widely hailed works of 2015. The album, recorded by the 18-year old and her friend in only a few days, was a bleak yet hopeful, intimate document of staggering experiences and grace, centered entirely around Baker's voice, guitar, and unblinking honesty. The album appeared on year-end lists everywhere from NPR Music to New York Magazine's Vulture. With Turn Out the Lights, Baker returns to a much bigger stage, but with the same core of breathtaking vulnerability and resilience. From it's opening moments - when her chiming, evocative melody is accompanied by swells of strings - Turn Out the Lights throws open the doors to the world without sacrificing the intimacy that has become a hallmark of her songs.
Tracks- SideåÊA -
- Turn Out the Lights
- Sour Breath
- Everything That Helps You Sleep
- Happy to Be Here
- Hurt Less
- Claws in Your Back