- 180 Gram Audiophile Pressing
Includes digital download. Be Yourself Tonight is the fifth album by the British pop duo Eurythmics, released in 1985. Largely recorded in Paris, with additional recording in Detroit and Los Angeles, this album saw Eurythmics move away from their previous more experimental, synthesizer-based songs, to a more commercial pop/rock sound. Combining elements of Motown and rock music, the album incorporates a more traditional band line-up/instrumentation. Nonetheless, the recordings still possessed an atmospheric and cutting-edge sound, winning Stewart awards for his production work on the album. The release of the album also coincided with a new look for singer Annie Lennox, who ditched the androgynous look of the previous albums and became, in biographer Lucy O'Brien's words, "a bleach-blonde rock 'n' roller." Be Yourself Tonight included guest appearances by notable artists such as Aretha Franklin, Stevie Wonder, and Elvis Costello.
Tracks- Disc 1 -
- Would I Lie to You?
- There Must Be An Angel (Playing with My Heart)
- I Love You Like a Ball and Chain
- Sisters Are Doin' It for Themselves (Than Never to Have Loved) with Aretha Franklin
- Conditioned Soul
- It's Alright (Baby's Coming Back)
- Here Comes That Sinking Feeling
- Better to Have Lost in Love (Than Never to Have Loved at All)