In celebration of this year's Inductees into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, we've put together a Collector's Series featuring some of their best work! Check out the full album listing and info below!
Included in this Collector's Series:
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Slippery When Wet, the third album from Bon Jovi, was released to instant commercial success. With over 12 million units sold, it's considered one of the top 100 best-selling albums in the US.
- Released 8/18/86
- feat. "Livin' on a Prayer", "You Give Love a Bad Name", "Wanted Dead or Alive"
- #1 on the US Billboard 200 chart (8 weeks)
Between 1959-1964, Nina Simone recorded 10 albums for Colpix Records. Of those 10, five were live concerts, the most noteworthy being her 1961 Village Gate performance. A young and relatively unknown comedian named Richard Pryor would open the show.
- Released in 1962
- feat. "By Bye Blackbird", "He Was Too Good To Me"
Dire Straits' fifth album Brothers In Arms was the group's breakout-effort. Although they had already enjoyed some critical success in previous years, it wasn't until hit single "Money for Nothing" dropped that Dire Straits began to make their Mark. (pun intended) The video for "Money for Nothing" would become one of the most played in MTV history, and the record was crowned as the U.K.'s best-selling album of 1985.
- Released 5/13/85
- feat. "Money for Nothing"
- Won two 1985 Grammys (Best Engineered Recording, Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal)
80's new-wave rockers The Cars paved the way for countless acts that followed. Combining alternative, pop, and punk influences, The Cars' sound was a refreshing and welcome addition to the music world. Shake It Up, the fourth album from lead singer/guitarist Ric Ocasek and crew, was certified double platinum in 2001.
- Released 11/6/81
- feat. "Since You're Gone", "Shake It Up"
- #9 on Billboard Pop Albums (1981)
- Pressed on limited edition red vinyl
English band The Moody Blues were at the forefront of combining orchestral and rock arrangements in song. With the enlisted help of the London Festival Orchestra, the Blues recorded what is widely known as one of the earliest examples of prog rock.
- Released 11/10/67
- feat. "Nights In White Satin", "Tuesday Afternoon"
- #3 on US Albums Chart (1972)
- #27 on UK Albums Chart (1967)
Sister Rosetta Tharpe - Live in 1960 (white vinyl)
One of the most essential reissues of 2017, Sister Rosetta Tharpe's Live in 1960 is the perfect introduction to early rock gospel recordings. Regarded as the first great gospel music recording artist, Sister Rosetta Tharpe's footprint in history is bigger than a crater. Many artists, such as heavy hitters Johnny Cash and Aretha Franklin, cited Sister Rosetta as a direct influence on their careers.
- Released on CD in 1960 (first pressed to vinyl 12/15/17)
- feat. "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands", "Vacation In The Sky", "The Gospel Train"